We have allocated 20 minutes for oral presentation of contributed papers, which includes questions and transitions between speakers. Authors should prepare slides that convey their message clearly and concisely in 15 minutes to allow time for questions and discussion. It is the responsibility of the session chair to determine how many questions to solicit from the audience to stay within the time limits.
In order to ensure a smooth session, we kindly ask you to follow the following instructions:
- To maximize visibility on the projection screens, presenters should prepare their presentations with a 16:9 aspect ratio.
- A video projector and a PC will be available in all conference rooms and presenters are strongly encouraged to use the supplied PC. Each PC will have Adobe Acrobat Reader and MS Powerpoint.
- Be at the session room 15 minutes before the start of the session so that you can introduce yourself to the session chair, load your slide presentation onto the supplied PC, and verify errorless projection.
- Your presentation can be uploaded to your session’s PC using a USB memory stick, in either MS-PowerPoint (.pptx) or Adobe (.pdf) format. If your presentation is later in the week you may upload the presentation onto the PC anytime the room is free, e.g., during a coffee/lunch break on a previous day. A volunteer will be at your disposal to help you upload it in the right place in order to find it easily at the time of presentation.
- If you feel you must use your computer to make your presentation, please make sure you bring the necessary video adapters for interfacing your video output to HDMI. The venue will not supply adapters. Please use one of the breaks before your session to test and confirm that your computer will project correctly.
Speaker Ready Room
The speaker ready room is in the Salon Cluny, level 5, and will have a clone of the PC’s that are in the session rooms. Presenters are encouraged to finalize and check compatibility of their presentations with the venue’s PC before their sessions.